About this position...
Skipio is looking for a Sr. full-stack software developer with experience with Ruby and React. Our pragmatic approach celebrates delivering customer value as well as good architecture and elegant code. We’re looking for highly motivated individuals, unafraid to share ideas, and take responsibility for learning about and maintaining existing feature implementations and for developing new features within the existing application framework.Apply for this opening
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Apple laptop & dual 27" 4k monitors
- Catered lunch twice per week
- Best office in Utah, the restored historic American Fork Star Mill
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with product solution teams of designers and product owners to design product solutions that leverages good software architecture to provide exceptional user value
- Participate in all stages of software development - from early brainstorming to coding and bug fixing
- Write excellent, performant code and associated tests
- Work on both front and back-end code
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Synthesize multiple solutions and articulate their trade-offs
What we’re looking for
- Experienced with CSS (multiple frameworks), Rails, React, PostgreSQL (or another relational db) required
- 4+ years of experience with Agile Scrum
- 3+ years of relevant Ruby on Rails Software Development experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Software Design Patterns
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Experience with secure coding practices; encryption, hashing, and key management.
- Understand how multiple/varied clients may interact with APIs.
- Has solid understanding of browser DOM scripting, methods, properties and client-side behavior and performance considerations.
- Knows current trends in front-end architecture (performance, accessibility, usability)